Over at Feminist Philosophers, they've posted the CFP for a conference on Diversity in Philosophy that, I'm proud to say, is being hosted and co-sposored by my alma mater, Villanova University, along with Hypatia and the APA's Committee for the Status of Women.
The conference will be held at Villanova on May 28-30, 2015 and the deadline for submissions of 250-500 word proposals is January 1, 2015.
More info and the full CFP follows after the break.
Diversity in Philosophy
May 28-30, 2015
Villanova Conference Center
The APA/CSW conference seeks to examine and address the underrepresentation of women and other marginalized groups in Philosophy. Participants are invited to focus on hurdles and best practices associated with the inclusion of underrepresented groups. Deadline for submissions of 250-500 word proposal is January 1, 2015
Suggested topics include:
- Subverting canons, old and new
- Undergraduate pedagogy
- Graduate pedagogy
- Continuing education for established philosophers
- Critical thinking, epistemic diversity & relativism
- Ethical and epistemic benefits to creating diverse philosophical communities
- Theoretical and quantitative empirical approaches to inclusion and exclusion
- Stereotype threat
- Implicit bias
- Ideal worker/philosopher
- Creating and using demographic data
- Collaborating with social scientistse44
- The consequences of sexual, gender, racial, disability, and sexuality harassment
- Implications for survivors
- Implications for departments/communities in which there is harassment
- Implications for the discipline
- Bystander training (empowering community members to create an environment that doesn’t tolerate harassment)
- Analyses of cronyism and alienation for women and members of other marginalized groups
- Structural intersectionality in the academy
- Putting intersectional analysis to work in the profession
- Political intersectionality transforming the discipline
- Embracing the range of philosophical careers
- Academic philosophers outside 4-year colleges and universities)
- Philosophers in other disciplines
Additional features of the APA/CSW 2015 Conference:
- Held in conjunction with the 2015 Hypatia Conference, Exploring Collaborative Contestations.
- Professional workshops on publishing feminist philosophy in journals, anthologies, books, blogs, and more hosted by the Hypatia Local Board.
- The APA Diversity Summit, May 29, 2015 during the conference!
- Workshop on sexual harassment and bystander training
- The APA Diversity Summit: May 29th
- APA/CSW Site Visit Training: May 31st at Villanova
- Modest travel Grants available for presenters in need
Conference website: http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/artsci/hypatiaconference/
Accessibility planning in action – please contact conference coordinator
Co-sponsored by Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy and
the College of Arts and Sciences – Villanova University